The New York State Board of Elections has launched an online Absentee Ballot Application Portal, through which registered voters can apply now for an absentee ballot.
The Portal can be found at https://absenteeballot.elections.ny.gov/. Voters may click through the web form to request an absentee ballot, which will be sent to them in the mail.
Voters may vote by absentee ballot for several reasons including temporary illness — which includes being unable to appear at the polls due to risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease like COVID-19.
Remember, besides the new online portal, you also may apply for an absentee ballot in any of the following ways:
- By sending an email request to BOE-WestAbsentee@westchestergov.com
- By sending a fax request to (914) 995-7753 or (914) 995-3190
- By going in-person to the Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601
- By mailing a paper absentee ballot application to the Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601
- By phoning the Westchester County Board of Elections at (914) 995-5285
For more absentee ballot information visit https://citizenparticipation.westchestergov.com/voting/absentee-ballots